Senior Project Manager
You will be the key, client facing member of the team ensuring the successful delivery of technical projects using an Agile framework. You will be the main point of contact for the client during project delivery, communicating, troubleshooting and advising the client.
As an Agile PM, you will be responsible for all of the project delivery aspects for team including facilitation of Ceremonies, Impediment Resolution, tracking and reporting the release plan, reporting metrics and handling team communication, along with general project management activities. This is a role that requires excellent client facing people skills, someone with the ability to manage and influence not just internal but also external stakeholders in the adoption and adherence to Agile principals.
You need to bring energy to the process and enjoy working with people and getting the best from them. For this you will be key to helping define team culture and ensuring people have fun while they work too.
- Ensuring the team runs at an optimum pace, iterates for efficiency and always looks to improve. Helps define the project approach that fits the team’s skills, client constraints and company values.
- Champions good culture in a team and ensures everyone is looked after, as well as you would like to be.
- Understand client requirement and deliverables for the projects to be delivered successfully, on time and to budget.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the client during project delivery, communicating authoritatively regarding technical and production issues and solutions.
- Effectively manage project resources.
- Monitor project performance, timelines and budgets and report on these regularly to both the client and internally.
- Ensure project details are documented appropriately.
- Facilitate post-project review sessions.
- Taking ownership of Planning, Backlog Refinement and other project related meetings.
- Educating and managing the client on how Agile projects are implemented.
- Ensuring adherence by the project team to agreed Agile principals.
- Controlling the project release cycles.
- Take responsibility for project risks, issues and budgets.
- A passion for delivery to technology projects
- Experience of working with UX, visual design, development & test resource
- An in depth understanding of technology project management tools and techniques
- Theoretical and practical experience of both agile & waterfall methodologies and delivery practices
- Ability and experience to lead Scrum and Kanban processes
- Excellent verbal communication skills- able to work directly in a client facing role
- Experience of risk and issue management and resolution
- Experience of facilitating continual process review sessions
- Experience of creating and producing relevant reports to client
- Previous Scrum Master experience + Scrum Master certifications
- Experience working with various development practices (BDD & TDD & CI/CD)
- Experience working with different Agile processes
- Excellent written communication skills -able to write accurate SoW’s and project documentation