CTO / Director, Experience Platforms
Zone is a leading customer experience agency. Our team of digital experts blend strategy, technology and content & experiences in multi-disciplinary teams to help some of the biggest brands in the world win in a world where CX is key.
In 2017, we became part of Cognizant, one of the biggest IT services businesses in the world. By combining Zone’s customer-centric approach and digital capabilities with Cognizant’s unrivalled global scale and depth of technology expertise, we can become an end-to-end digital transformation partner for clients like adidas, Aviva, BMW, Centrica, Electrolux, John Lewis Partnership, MINI, the NHS and Unilever.
Purpose of the role
A passionate digital leader, the Director, Experience Platforms will lead the practice that identifies, designs and develops the right technology solutions for clients to drive transformative customer experiences. The director will refine and evolve the agency’s Experience Platforms strategy; lead business development activities to drive new revenues from existing clients and prospects; evolve the relevant capabilities in the agency; and support the delivery teams with strategic guidance and best-practice.
Technology, Innovation & Leadership
- Refine and evolve Zone’s strategy for Experience Platforms: What’s the proposition? What’s our USP? How is it in line with market need? What services do we offer?
- Explore opportunities to exploit additional experience platforms, including emerging technologies
- Lead the onboarding of major new client technology relationships and experience platforms
- Take responsibility for the quality of CX technology output across the agency
- Inspire and lead the team to consistently deliver innovative and effective experience platforms solutions, on-time and on-budget
- Being a figure-head for Zone’s Experience Platforms proposition, demonstrating thought leadership through speaking at conferences, writing on industry platforms etc.
- Working with the sales and marketing team and business directors to identify opportunities to drive new Experience Platforms revenues
- Qualifying, solutioning and leading the responses to new business opportunities
- Building influential relationships with decision makers and stakeholders on client side, with partners and within the wider Cognizant organisation
- Running a shadow P&L for the practice, with responsibility for achieving revenue and margin targets
- Collaborating on the commercial set up of Experience Platforms engagements
Capabilities and delivery
- Ensuring Zone has the competencies to deliver the proposition across its delivery teams, building capabilities and capacity where necessary
- Working with near-shore and off-shore teams to support delivery, and building out capability and capacity in those teams where necessary
- Oversee technical delivery, ensuring every solution is built to industry best practice and meets agency expectations for best-in-class technology delivery and quality
What are we looking for?
To be considered for the position you will need to be a passionate technologist, a true technology leader, with a keen eye for innovating.
You must have a previous experience in a senior technical leadership position in the field of digital, and deep understanding of how customer experience platforms can deliver transformative customer experiences.
You will have a proven track record of growing business strategically and commercially and experience of leading business development activities for multi-million-pound opportunities.
We are looking for an inspirational leader with presence, credibility and gravitas, who can win the trust of clients, partners and colleagues.
Valuable senior contacts in businesses and partners across the UK would also be beneficial.