As a Technical Architect, you will be responsible for making our work stand out from the field, architecting multi-channel digital applications and overseeing technical design build and maintenance. You will be responsible for ensuring we produce robust scalable solutions that are clever, beautifully crafted digital products.
In this role, you’ll inspire your colleagues to create groundbreaking work, and encourage our clients to think more ambitiously about the technical potential of their brand.
- Lead and champion technical solutions in response to briefs for projects within your client group, continually driving the quality of output.
- Seek new opportunities with your clients to build their brand and service offer through technical innovation and delivery. This includes taking the lead on selling technical ideas and approaches to the client.
- Demonstrate a passion for new technologies, processes and tools, and continually seek to push the boundaries in everything you do.
- Sit on the Technology Lead Forum which is responsible for shaping how we operationally deliver on Zone’s technology strategy.
- Responsible for the technical delivery of projects from pitch through to delivery.
- Create technical proposals, ensuring they are implementable and proposing alternatives as necessary.
- Ensure solutions are tested, scalable, security compliant, optimised, documented and relevant coding standards and best practices are maintained.
- Solution design and specification, which platforms, technologies, patterns to use to best meet requirements.
- Work collaboratively across disciplines both inside and outside the client group to ensure the best product is built.
- Technical planning, working closely with project management to ensure that we make best use of our technical staff.
What are we looking for?
- 7 year’s + software development experience
- Extensive experience Java EE Architecture and design.
- Extensive experience of Java development using Open Source Java components and frameworks.
- Detailed knowledge of the use of REST APIs for web technology, OAuth 2.0 and associated authentication and authorisation flows.
- Experience of Java Microservices in a production application with Spring Cloud, Spring Boot.
- Beneficial to have knowledge of Netflix cloud OSS, Cloud Foundry, Docker, and other Microservices-related components.
- Developing for Web security and performance.
- Microservices - capacity management and planning in a multi-node production estate.
- Experience organising and performing prototyping and proof of concepts.
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc).
- Experience with automated configuration management, deployment and testing solutions.
- Experience working with IS Operations and Infrastructure teams to introduce change to the live estate.
- Comfortable working with, and presenting to clients. Ability to communicate technical ideas effectively in a business context.
- Able to multi-task whilst consistently maintaining a high level of quality and productivity.
- Innovative problem solver who can identify issues and deliver solutions quickly.
- Enthusiastic and committed with the ability to gain respect and trust from colleagues.