The front end developer works as part of a team of highly skilled digital specialists dedicated to delivering high quality, cutting edge projects for some of the world’s leading brands and charities.
You will be responsible for site building, development and maintenance, and for producing well-documented, beautifully crafted and scalable solutions. As an experienced member of the team, you will be expected to mentor more junior members of the team.
Front end Delivery
- Work closely with designers and developers in order to produce, modify and maintain high quality digital products of varying sizes and budgets. You will work across a range of clients in the commercial and non-profit sectors.
- Work in partnership with the design team to develop ideas and integrate designs seamlessly into chosen technologies.
- Accurately cost Front End effort on projects and inform delivery timing plans.
Front end Process Development
- Work collaboratively with the technology and UX teams to develop agency standards.
- Contribute to conversations and documentation on best practice and production efficiency.
- Train, inform and support other non-technical staff, particularly designers.
Leadership and management
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Support the head of department in implementing best practice, delivering internal communications and trialling new tools and development approaches.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly as regards to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies.
Essential Skills and knowledge
- Minimum 2-3 year’s agency experience.
- Excellent visual design to web skills.
- Familiar with user centred design principles.
- Experienced in building responsive digital interfaces.
- Demonstrable evidence of working with HTML5 and CSS3 features.
- Experience with pre and post processors such as Sass.
- Experience of building medium to large-scale sites from the ground up.
- Good organizational skills both in application structure and code.
- Good understanding of debugging techniques and tools.
- Experience with a range of CMSs: we use Umbraco, EPiServer and Wordpress.
- Awareness of common web usability and accessibility issues.
- Experience with GIT or similar version control system.
- Awareness and experience with common validation tools.
- Some experience with common APIs such as YouTube.
Desirable Skills and knowledge
- Website design experience.
- Experience of working in both Windows and OS X environments.
- Demonstrable experience with Canvas, SVG and HTML5 video.
- Some experience with data visualisation libraries.