Senior Front-end Developer
We are looking for a Senior Front-end Developer to join our Bucharest office and work as part of a team of highly skilled digital specialists dedicated to delivering high quality, cutting edge projects. You will be responsible for site building, development and maintenance, and for producing well-documented, beautifully crafted and scalable solutions.
- Work closely with designers and developers in order to produce, modify and maintain high quality digital products of varying sizes and budgets. You will work across a range of clients in the commercial and non-profit sectors.
- Work in partnership with the design team to develop ideas and integrate designs seamlessly into chosen technologies.
- Accurately cost Front End effort on projects and inform delivery timing plans.
- Work collaboratively with the technology and UX teams to develop agency standards.
- Contribute to conversations and documentation on best practice and production efficiency.
- Train, inform and support other non-technical staff, particularly designers.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly as regards to accessibility, usability and emerging technologies.
- Collaborate with other employees to refine or develop approaches to common production issues
Essential Skills and knowledge
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Excellent visual design to web skills.
- Familiar with user centred design principles.
- Experienced in building responsive digital interfaces.
- Demonstrable evidence of working with HTML5 and CSS3 features.
- Experience with pre and post processors such as Sass.
- Experience of building medium to large-scale sites from the ground up.
- Good organizational skills both in application structure and code.
- Good understanding of debugging techniques and tools.
- Experience with a range of CMSs: we use Umbraco, EPiServer and Wordpress.
- Awareness of common web usability and accessibility issues.
- Experience with GIT or similar version control system.
- Awareness and experience with common validation tools.
- Some experience with common APIs such as YouTube.
Desirable Skills and knowledge
- Website design experience.
- Experience of working in both Windows and OS X environments.
- Demonstrable experience with Canvas, SVG and HTML5 video.
- Some experience with data visualisation libraries.