Senior Automation Tester
We are looking for experienced Senior Automation Tester to join the team in Surrey and help us deliver one of the largest and most ambitious programmes in the energy sector in the UK, working with a multinational energy and services company that is about to embark on a major digital transformation programme.
As a Senior QAAutomation Tester, you will be responsible for ensuring projects are meeting both business requirements and quality expectations. QA is an integral role on our agile project teams and the senior QA/Automation tester will constantly collaborate with development and other disciplines to drive project quality. As a senior member of the team, you will also be expected to mentor some of the more junior members.
What you will have:
- Work closely with the product owner and project team to define the testing strategy and ensure acceptance criteria are accurate, clear and well defined.
- Define clear and well-written test cases, execute those tests and ensure the results are being clearly communicated with the wider project team on an ongoing basis.
- Triage and lead the investigation into reported issues, ensure they are being properly tracked and work to actively prevent regressions.
- Work with the release manager and project team to prevent defective products being promoted to production. Ensure both you and the team are always aware when releases are occurring and which versions of the product are running in which environments.
- Help identify, plan and execute non-functional testing requirements.
- Help to define and develop the overall QA process with the lead QA/test automation analyst and contribute to development processes.
- Help with tool and technology selection.
- To mentor other team members, ensuring that they are inspired and motivated to deliver the best work possible.
- To assist in identifying when additional QA resources are required and to help interview for permanent and freelance staff as necessary.
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who displays a can-do attitude when working with the varied stakeholders.
- Proven software quality assurance experience with a focus on web based applications
- Experience developing tests for functional and regression testing that include manual, automated, performance and ad-hoc testing
- Experience of Test Automation processes, tools and managing Continuous Integration
- Experience with Cucumber
- Experience of responsive cross-browser testing
- Experience working in projects where Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development principles were applied
- Experience of working within both Agile (Kanban and/or Scrum) and Waterfall based delivery methodologies
- Knowledge of web standards and experience testing REST based APIs
- Knowledge of various software testing tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Git, Selenium, JMeter, Gatling and Jenkins.