Contract Senior Front-end Developer
- Senior Front-end Developer
- 6 months contract, ASAP start
- Day rate: £500-£550
- Kings Cross / Stratford
We're looking for a Senior Front-end Developer who is highly experienced at building responsive accessible UI's and component libraries. The candidate must be used to working collaboratively with experience designers, BA's and technical architects. Any experience of Salesforce Lightning is a bonus but is not required.
As a Senior Front-end Developer, you will be responsible for product building, development and maintenance, and for producing well-documented, beautifully crafted and scalable solutions as part of one of Zone’s Product Teams working with one of our key clients within Financial Services and Regulation. As a senior member of the team, you will also be expected to liaise directly with key stakeholders providing project updates, setting code standards/best practice, running demos, and ensuring the front-end priorities are delivered to given timescales.
Our team currently shares their time between Zone's offices in Kings Cross and our client's space in Stratford (East London). While you'll primarily be in KX, it's important you're able to commute to Stratford 2 days per week as well.
Key Technical Skills
- Good all-round front-end developer
- Excellent experience of ES6
- Excellent understanding of Web Accessibility Standards and how to implement
- Experience with storybook
- A small amount of experience with react is required (does not need to be a react specialist)
- Excellent experience of vanilla JS
- Excellent experience with sass with good knowledge of naming conventions
- Used to working with linters and other quality control tools
- Ability to communicate with non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven experience working in an agile environment in cross-functional teams (ideally with cross-location cross-timezone teams)
- Strong visual UI development skills with the ability to take rapidly developed UI sketches and concepts into code
We have a deep belief in the transformative effect of great customer experiences, and we help some of the UK’s biggest brands on their transformational journey. We are practitioner-led and work collaboratively with our clients, so we all go further, faster. Our lean, multi-disciplinary teams deliver value quickly, opening up new possibilities for our clients at pace. We love what we do, and we love working with like-minded teams to deliver compelling products, services and communications.
Zone is committed to equal opportunities for all.