Full stack developer
At Zone we are experts in strategy, technology and content. Our digital specialists work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to help ambitious businesses win.
The key focus of this role will be providing front-end and back-end design and development expertise in the delivery of Digital solutions for one of our clients. You will work on the next generation of a business critical internal product for a major global financial services company. The role will be based on client site in Farnborough and in the Zone London office in Kings Cross.
What will you be doing?
- Developing the front-end and back-end code in support of the digital project delivery
- Ensuring any code meets coding standards (code reviews, unit testing etc).
- Troubleshooting development and production problems across the technically diverse Digital platforms
- Contributing to team best practices in Agile as part of a model of continuous improvement
- Working co-operatively with existing colleagues to continue to develop the React and Java architecture.
- Attending the daily stand-ups for the technical workstreams they are responsible for.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who displays a can-do attitude, with solid experience collaborating in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- Extensive experience of React development using BootStrap, SaSS, npm, TypeScript, Node.js (v10) and libraries like Redux, Saga, Router, Reselect, Axios and Formik
- Extensive experience of Java 8 development using Open Source Java components and frameworks (notably Spring Boot, Spring Cloud) in IDE like Visual Studio Code
- Knowledge of design patterns (Reverse Proxy, Adapter, Event Queue, Circuit Breaker)
- Detailed knowledge of the use of Web services (SOAP & REST) and API Mocking (WireMock, Postman)
- Experience of SOA and Microservices in a Single Page Application (SPA) architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, BDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc.) and associated tools (Rally, Jira)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Pivotal Cloud Factory)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (GitHub, GitFlow, Jenkins, Gradle)
- Experience with unit testing (Jest, Jest Enzyme)
- Knowledge of relational database (Oracle, MySQL), In-Memory data grids (GemFire) and distributed database (HBase/Hadoop)
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team, working well with colleagues to reach consensus and agree a common understanding and approach.