Senior QA Automation Tester
At Zone we are experts in strategy, technology and content. Our digital specialists work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to help ambitious businesses win.
The key focus of this role will be to ensure expected business requirements and quality are met in the delivery of Digital solutions for one of our clients. You will work on the next generation of a business critical internal product for a major global financial services company. The role will be based on client site in Farnborough and in the Zone London office in Kings Cross.
What will you be doing?
- Work closely with the product owner and project team to define the testing strategy and ensure acceptance criteria are accurate, clear and well defined.
- Define clear and well-written test cases, implement and execute those tests using test automation tools and ensure the results are being clearly communicated with the wider project team on an ongoing basis.
- Triage and lead the investigation into reported issues, ensure they are being properly tracked and work to actively prevent regressions.
- Help to define and develop the overall QA process with the lead QA/test automation analyst and contribute to development processes.
- Help with tool and technology selection.
- To mentor other team members, ensuring that they are inspired and motivated to deliver the best work possible.
- To assist in identifying when additional QA resources are required and to help interview for permanent and freelance staff as necessary.
- Contributing to team best practices in Agile as part of a model of continuous improvement
- Working co-operatively with existing colleagues to continue to develop the testing framework.
- Attending the daily stand-ups for the technical workstreams they are responsible for.
Skills and experience we are looking for:
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who displays a can-do attitude, with solid experience collaborating in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- Proven software quality assurance experience with a focus on web based applications
- Experience developing tests for functional and regression testing that include manual, automated, performance and ad-hoc testing
- Experience of Test Automation processes, tools and managing Continuous Integration
- Experience of responsive cross-browser testing
- Experience with tools like Cucumber/Gherkin, Protractor, GenRocket, SmartBear, Selenium, Cypress
- Knowledge of the use of Web services (SOAP & REST) and API Mocking (WireMock, Postman)
- Experience of SOA and Microservices in a Single Page Application (SPA) architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, BDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and associated tools (Rally, Jira)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (GitHub, GitFlow, Jenkins)
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences