Senior Java Developer
At Zone we are experts in customer experience. Our digital specialists work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to help ambitious businesses win. We are currently looking for an experienced Senior Java Developer to join our team.
The key focus of this role will be providing back-end design and development expertise in the delivery of Digital solutions for one of our clients. You will work on the next generation of a business-critical internal product for a major global financial services company. The role will be based on client site in Farnborough and in the Zone London office in Kings Cross.
What you'll be doing..
- Developing the back-end code in support of the digital project delivery
- Ensuring any code meets coding standards (code reviews, unit testing etc).
- Troubleshooting development and production problems across the technically diverse Digital platforms
- Contributing to team best practices in Agile as part of a model of continuous improvement
- Working co-operatively with existing colleagues to continue to develop the Java architecture.
- Attending the daily stand-ups for the technical workstreams they are responsible for.
This role is to support one of Zone’s largest clients, where you will be embedded in a multi-disciplinary Agile team working on the development of a truly inspiration digital service.
Your experience includes…
The ideal candidate will be a strong team player who displays a can-do attitude, with solid experience collaborating in multidisciplinary agile teams.
- Extensive experience of Java 8 development using Open Source Java components and frameworks (notably Spring Boot, Spring Cloud) in IDE like Visual Studio Code
- Knowledge of design patterns (Reverse Proxy, Adapter, Event Queue, Circuit Breaker)
- Detailed knowledge of the use of Web services (SOAP & REST) and API Mocking (WireMock, Postman)
- Experience of SOA and Microservices in a Single Page Application (SPA) architecture
- Experience with Agile methodologies (TDD, BDD, SCRUM, Kanban, etc) and associated tools (Rally, Jira)
- Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, Pivotal Cloud Factory)
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (GitHub, GitFlow, Jenkins, Gradle)
- Experience with unit testing (Jest)
- Experience with relational database (Oracle, MySQL), In-Memory data grids (GemFire) and distributed database (HBase/Hadoop)
- Ability to convey complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience sharing knowledge and working in a multi-disciplinary team, working well with colleagues to reach consensus and agree a common understanding and approach.
What we believe…
Wellness is hugely important to us, so we believe in working flexibly to ensure our colleagues get the balance they need to meet the demands of their personal and professional lives.
We have a deep belief in the transformative effect of great customer experiences, and we help some of the UK’s biggest brands on their transformational journey. We are practitioner-led and work collaboratively with our clients, so we all go further, faster. Our lean, multi-disciplinary teams deliver value quickly, opening up new possibilities for our clients at pace. We love what we do, and we love working with like-minded teams to deliver compelling products, services and communications.
Zone is committed to equal opportunities for all.