Senior Front-end Developer
The senior front-end developer works as part of an elite team of innovative and highly skilled digital specialists dedicated to delivering high-quality, cutting-edge projects for some of the world’s leading brands and charities. You will be responsible for site building, development and maintenance, and for producing well-documented, beautifully crafted and scalable solutions. As a senior member of the team, you will be expected to mentor and manage one or more junior members of the team.
- Work closely with designers and developers in order to produce, modify and maintain high quality, cutting edge projects across a range of sizes and budgets. You will work across a range of clients in the commercial and not-for-profit sectors.
- Work in partnership with the design team to integrate designs seamlessly into chosen technologies.
- Accurately cost front-end effort on projects and inform delivery timing plans.
Front-end process development
- Serve as a liaison between UX, design and back-end development teams to develop agency standards.
- Introduce measures to speed up coding efficiency and maintainability.
- Train non-technical staff, particularly designers, and assist us in educating clients.
Leadership & management
- To manage one or more junior front-end developers, ensuring that they are inspired and motivated to deliver the best work possible.
- Ensure that everyone you manage has regular appraisals, clear objectives and a career plan to work towards.
- To assist in identifying when additional front-end resources are required and to interview for permanent and freelance staff as necessary.
- Support the head of department in implementing best practice, delivering internal communications and trialling new tools and approaches.
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly with regards to performance, interface design, task automation and web accessibility.
- Promote new technologies to the wider agency and make sound recommendations to our clients.
- Demonstrate a passion for emerging technologies and continually seek to push the boundaries in everything you do.
- Five year’s commercial development experience
- Excellent visual design to web skills
- Demonstrable evidence of working with HTML5 and CSS3 features
- Mastery of cross-browser and cross-device code
- Experience of building large-scale sites from the ground up
- Highly experienced in building responsive digital interfaces
- Savvy understanding of UI/ UX principles
- Experience with a range of CMSs: we use Umbraco, EpiServer and WordPress
- People management experience
- Comfortable working within agile, cross-functional teams
- Strong client-facing and communication skills
- Familiar with various CSS pre-processors, e.g. LESS and SASS
- Good understanding of GIT and approaches to version control
- Experience of working in both Windows and Unix environments
- Website design experience
- Experience with canvas, svg and HTML5 video