As a Design Researcher you will have experience across the end-to-end delivery of research. You will work collaboratively with inter-disciplinary teams, supporting through research, in the development of crafted, valuable customer experiences that meet the needs of the people that use them. Informing the design and strategic direction across a wide remit of projects, from proposition development, through to the delivery of services and products.
This job is for you if you like to…
Ensure products and services are grounded in deep understanding and meet the needs of the people that use them. Our Design Research specialists do this by:
- Gleaning deep insights through a range of methodologies
- Where appropriate putting the experience in the hands of the customer in order to gain rapid insights
- Challenge established perspectives and approaches, backed up by validated insights
- Help teams to resonate with the needs of customers
- Work collaboratively, applying strategic thinking to ensure experiences balance business value with users need
- Contribute to the development of research practices, ensuring a culture where the customer is kept at the heart of design solutions
- Understand the need to make services usable and accessible for everyone, puts diversity and inclusion at the heart of our research and design practices.
- Willing to travel to support research activities.
- Experience working across the research process, ensuring quality outcomes – from planning to executing qualitative and quantitive research activities, through to analysis and synthesis and presenting
- Experience of qualitative research methods; including interviews, lab studies, expert evaluations, participatory design sessions and workshops, ethnographic research methods and persona development
- Working experience of the practicalities of running testing: recruiting processes; scheduling and logistics, protocol development, interviewing and moderating, analysis and research deliverables
- Working on projects that have gone to market using agile methodologies
- Provide context and coaching for other researchers, product and design team members in ways of working, research process and practices.