QA Test Automation Analyst
QA Test Automation Analyst
At Zone we are experts in strategy, technology and content. Our digital specialists work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to help ambitious businesses win. We are currently looking for an experienced QA / Test Automation Analyst to join our team in central Bristol and support the agency's continued growth.
What you'll be doing
Lots of variety is on offer here because we have an extremely diverse mix of clients, including well-known brands like Coca-cola, Adidas, Electrolux, BT and many more.
As a QA / Test Automation Analyst you will be responsible for ensuring projects are meeting both business requirements and quality expectations. QA is an integral role on our agile project teams and the QA / Test Automation Analyst will constantly collaborate with development and other disciplines to drive project quality.
- Work closely with the product owner and project team to define the testing strategy and ensure acceptance criteria are accurate, clear and well defined
- Define clear and well-written test cases, execute those tests and ensure the results are being clearly communicated with the wider project team on an ongoing basis
- Triage and lead the investigation into reported issues, ensure they are being properly tracked and work to actively prevent regressions
- Work with the release manager and project team to prevent defective products being promoted to production. Ensure both you and the team are always aware when releases are occurring and which versions of the product are running in which environments
- Help identify, plan and execute non-functional testing requirements
- Help to define and develop the overall QA process with the senior/lead QA/test automation analyst and contribute to development processes
- Minimum of three years' experience in software quality assurance
- Excellent experience diagnosing, reporting, tracking and resolving quality issues
- Excellent experience using automated testing tools such as Cucumber, Capybara, Rspec or similar
- Must have excellent attention to detail and the understanding of how to find flaws in complex software
- Excellent experience and knowledge of agile methodologies
- Excellent experience of creating manual and automated test scripts
- Experience testing iOS, Android and web applications
- Excellent experience of responsive cross-browser testing
- Basic experience of using Git
- Have a keen interest in Open Source technology
- Experience of working in both Windows and Unix environments
- Experience of using git-flow, including the use of pull requests and code reviews by other members of the technical and QA/test automation analyst teams