Delivery Director (Agile / Lean / Kanban)
At Zone we are experts in strategy, technology, and content. Our digital specialists work in agile, multi-disciplinary teams to help ambitious businesses win.
We believe in the transformative effect of great customer experiences when placed at the heart of your brand's interactions, processes & people. From helping organisations create and communicate their social purpose to building courageous start-ups from the ground up, we work with like-minded people to do work we're proud of.
As a natural collaborator and believer that the best results happen when user experience, technology and delivery practices work in unison, the Client Delivery Director is an integral part of the client group leadership team.
You will have a proven track record in agile and lean software delivery, and be able to get stuck into solving thorny customer-first business problems to help our ambitious clients define and deliver their digital futures.
- Client group leadership: You will ensure best practice and modern software delivery methods are consistently applied to our work. You will help (and push) us to continuously improve the way our project teams work with clients to drive quality work and client happiness, and ensure we deliver commercially against our targets. You will have full line management duties for our scrum masters and project managers, helping them grow and develop their careers at Zone.
- Delivery leadership: You will work closely with our Client Experience Director and Client Technology Director (and client-side Product Owners) to create the vision for how to deliver products and services. This will involve planning and designing the appropriate delivery method, resource profile, and upon commissioning ensure projects are run in line with the targets agreed with the Business Director You will understand the delicate balance of creating value and managing risk, and be willing to learn enough about our user-experience and technology disciplines. You will support all members and functions of the team when it comes to delivery, nimbly spotting and intervening delivery issues before they become a problem.
- Operational management: You will be the pulse of how the client group is performing. Reporting, on a regular basis, on overall project delivery and ensuring accurate reporting and project planning in the agency toolset. You will help ensure out-of-hours work is rare, and that time towards professional development for our team is ring-fenced and respected.
- Client leadership: You will set up the trajectory for successful projects, being able to pitch and convince clients on our recommended delivery framework to achieve the clients vision and delivery objectives, budgets and timelines.
- Broad digital and technical knowledge with an appreciation of all the skills required to develop high-quality technical output.
- Strong experience of a project director, working in a client-facing environment.
- Proven track record of overseeing the simultaneous delivery of multiple technology projects such as complex website design and builds (individual project revenues £50k - £500k and annual client group revenues of £3m - £10m).
- Broad understanding of digital technologies.
- Strong understanding of Agile methodology.
- Innovative problem solver with the ability to apply a rigorous analytical approach to identify issues and deliver solutions quickly.
- Ability to multi-task while consistently maintaining a high level of quality and attention to detail.
- Exceptional leadership skills with the confidence and integrity to earn client and internal team confidence quickly.
- Strong client management skills with the proven ability to build and lead senior client relationships and manage stakeholders.
- A collaborative communicator with excellent communication and presentation style.
- Proven experience of delivering high-quality output while delivering against commercial requirements.