Contract Node Developer
We are on the lookout for talented Developers with a strong technical skill set in Node.js to serve on a 6-month contract basis on Central London. The work will be delivered by multi-disciplinary teams using a fully agile approach and is an exciting opportunity for candidates to be part of this transformation journey for one of the UK’s most reputable government offices.
What will you be doing?
- Working as a Node Developer on one of our core Agile product teams.
- Acting as a key contact on the development of all server side components, ensuring high performance and integration of systems via APIs (on-prem and cloud).
- Working in a DevOps-like fashion, including automated testing and collaborating with 3rd party partners.
- Ensuring a high level of automated test coverage is applied so we can iterate quickly and effectively.
- Implementing of code considering security and data protection, including appropriate controls.
- Integrating data storage solutions, enterprise solutions etc.
- Owning the technical implementation of features for your product.
- Collaborating with Technical Architects to ensure appropriate delivery and to help troubleshoot issues within complex integrations.
- Reviewing code and technical designs from your peer developers.
- Working to Agile methodologies and sharing development best practices/ideas.
- Assessing and identifying challenges around the project or department resourcing and escalating where appropriate.
- Strong proficiency in Node.js, and server-side development. Split will be approx. 80% Node.js, 20% other.
- Confident integrating systems via APIs, both on-prem and cloud.
- Experience working across projects with a digital focus that collect/manage confidential information with necessary controls and security.
- Experience with liaising with 3rd party partners, key stakeholders, and external suppliers within the delivery of digital services for the public or government sector.
- Comfortable working to and championing Agile best practice.
- Happy to collaborate with Technical Architecture team around problem solving and solution delivery optimisation.
- ELK/Grafana knowledge, with the ability to design metrics and monitoring dashboards
- Experience with and ability to influence current build pipelines to support project maturity, including code quality assurance, smoke testing, using containerisation to support deployment, and automated security testing.
- Comfortable using Puppet in an automated configuration management environment.
- Experience in working with Payment Systems.
- Automated testing experience as well as familiarity with DevOps approaches.
- Confident in assessing Discovery phase outputs – iteratively developing and improving them via Agile principles.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Able to undergo Security Clearance (SC) or already Security Cleared (please provide evidence).